Reporting Births of Children Born Abroad of Filipino Citizens
The Report of Birth is a declaration of the person furnishing information on the birth abroad of a Filipino child. It is important for Filipinos permanently residing abroad to promptly register with the Consulate the birth of a child in order for such a birth to be registered with the Office of the Civil Registrar General in Manila.
When a child is born abroad to parents who are both Filipino citizens or to one (1) parent who is a Filipino citizen, i.e. one who has not been naturalized as a citizen of a foreign country, the child's birth must be immediately reported to the Philippine Embassy or Consulate which exercises jurisdiction over the place of birth.
Ideally, the birth must be reported to the Consulate within twelve (12) months after its occurrence. When the parents neglect to report the birth within twelve (12), the birth may, nevertheless be recorded upon the determination of the consular officer of satisfactory evidence on the authenticity of the report. In these cases, the person who executed the report shall furnish the Consulate with an sworn statement/affidavit surrounding the delay in reporting the birth.
PROCEDURES AND REQUIREMENTS
1. The Report of Birth Form (download Form No. 40) should be executed and signed by one or both of the Filipino parents or the attending physician or nurse. The Form must be executed in quadruplicate (four copies): a copy each for the parents, the Office of the Civil Registrar General, and the Consulate. When the birth is reported in person, the Report of Birth will be sworn to before a consular officer. If the Report is sent through mail, the Form shall be signed in the presence of two (2) witnesses.
The Report of Birth form (FA Form No. 40) should be accomplished completely by filling in all the information requested. If the information requested is not applicable, write the letters N/A. Write legibly in capital/bold letters. Incomplete forms will be returned and will cause delay in the processing of the application.
2. Original or certified true copy of the Certificate of Birth of the child issued by the Civil Registrar/Recorder at place of birth. If the Certificate of Birth is written in a language other than English, a corresponding official English translation done by a certified translator should be submitted together with the original or certified true copy of the Birth Certificate. Translated documents must be duly notarized by the local Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
3. Certified copy of Philippine passport(s) of Filipino parent(s) showing that the Filipino parent was a Filipino citizen at the time of birth of the child.
4. Copy of Marriage Contract of parents (if parents are married).
5. If the birth took place more than a year before the actual registration of birth, the Filipino parent should execute and submit a duly notarized Declaration or Affidavit stating the reason(s) for the delayed registration of birth.
|Registration of Birth||=||R$55.00 (processing fee for applicants in Brazil)
US$25.00 (processing fee for applicants in Colombia, Suriname and Guyana)
|Return mail via SEDEX-10||=||R$45.00 (mailing fee for applicants in Brazil)
US$75.00 (mailing fee for applicants in Colombia, Suriname and Guyana)
|Total||=||R$100.00 (for applicants in Brazil)
US$100.00 (for applicants in Colombia, Suriname and Guyana)
Payments can be deposited to the Embassy’s bank account:
|Real (R$) Account||US (US$) Dollar Account|
NOTE: The requesting party should provide the Embassy with a copy of the bank deposit slip (comprovante) or the bank transfer slip.
Postal Address of the Embassy
Embaixada da Republica das Filipinas< br;> SEN Ave. das Nações Lote 01
Brasilia-DF CEP 70431-900
Tel. no. (61) 3224-8694
IMPORTANT: Each document mentioned in the above-cited list should be submitted in four (4) copies, i.e. one (1) original and three (3) photocopies.
The Embassy may require the submission of additional supporting documents, as may be determined by the Consular Officer, in support of the application for registration of birth
EMBASSY OF THE REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES< br />BRASILIA, BRAZIL